It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Hellgate:London 

Post Hellgate:London
This game is awesome, if you have ever played Diablo its more like a futureistic version of that in my opinion. The story is somewhat decent and the introduction is just like an animated action movie, the game is very intense. It's fun and tbh it doesn't get old quickly in my opinion. With all the items you can find.

The only shame about this game as with Diablo is the pvp system is awful and the guilds are pretty much friends only if you will. Theres no guild vs guild approach. So if you have the best gear in the game it's still kind of diffecult to keep playing after :P However there are many modes to it Hardcore, Elite.. of course normal mode. And with all diablo games comes a harder re-run through the main story line: Nightmare. Anyways It's a good game and if you have a thing for first person RPGs you might want to just have a bash at this. I enjoy it. :wink:

@ Below, it's like a mini-review all jumbled into two posts, heheheh... 8)

Last edited by Adept on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:36 am

I love it. It has loads of quests, not only the main ones but also all the little side quests. Not all quests are fun to do, but like Adept said: you find loads of items! Also you get more attribute points for doing quests, so you can make your char "better".

You can choose from 6 different classes but they are divided into 3 main categories. You can choose for the blademaster/guardian; they cant play with first-person view because they have to slice and dice :P Then you have the marksman/engineer; who can play first-person and they start of REALLY overpowered! And then last you have the summoner/evoker; who use spells, but also play in first-person. These last two are a biatch to play when theyre low lvl because they kinda suck, but later on theyre supposed to be amazing! :P

Love the amount of bosses and rares and epics running around as well, simply because when you kill them, they just drop tons of good items! Btw, the choice to take your items apart so you can upgrade others is also very nice! Cause this way, you can break down the crappy items and upgrade your good item to be even better!

Yay for Hellgate!!

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:49 am

SOUNDS AWESOME!! Diablo2 is prolly the best game I've ever played tbh. But I've got a minor question. Is there a monthly cost to play this game on Hellgates servers? [:
Love!

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:22 pm

There is no monthly fees to play the game. However if you want full-content Hardcore mode, and elite mode.. and special monsters ie: Murdoch? or something like that, you have to subscribe for like.. 7.99 a month or something. Its a pretty cheap fee in my opinion. You get lots of stuph really, but the upside to not subscribing is it really doesnt matter, you still get the same items and same equipment only thing is when you subscribe u get more content, Elite mode is the only reason id subscribe.. perhaps Hardcore mode though I doubt it! my level 30 still dies on level 26's when he has the top gear for his level, its such a challenging game later on. Which is what is so awesome about it.

If you play nightmare with a max level character best gear in the entire world. You cannot beat the end boss without taking about 1 hour. That on top of the fact he would kill you in 2 hits no matter what. Lawl.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 pm
Site Admin

I've played Hellgate London for a bit, it's a good game but I got bored of it fairly quickly cause you really need people to play it with imo. As for a monthly fee, it is free to play, but you can subscribe and if you do you get access to tons of extra's.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

I agree, I cant play it by myself.. I get bored after 10 mins of running around :S

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Is there some working downloadable versions of it or do I have to buy it myself :?

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Well if you want to play it with.. real people then you'll need to buy it. Naturally.. Thought you was rich you little bitch!

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Not the money that is the problem, but the delievery time -.-

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Delivery doesnt take long O_o like.. 3 working days or something.. :P At least.. I had it within 3 days (and that was around xmas!! :P)

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:17 pm

More of an update if you subscribe, I went to see my dad last night and he has the game also and has obviously subscribed. The ammount of shit you get when you subscribe is immense and has made me want to do it :( I was sort of wrong about the items and equips. Apparently since there new patch they have added special weapons, either with funny designs cool looks or something around that line for subscribers. I mean you can get an old fasioned gatling gun apprently. Aronald Schwarznegger anyone? anyways, Ill be back. With more info if I find any 8)

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:02 am

For those who are interested; WE MADE IT TO NIGHTMARE MODE! \o/
It was really hard.. but we did it!! 8)

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Also, people who are thinking about buying it should hold off until the next patch, THEY'RE FIXING EVERYTHING. In the next patch, according to the listings of whats coming up next: some new skills a mail system group pvp and rankings new monsters, lairs, guns. And the like. So if you're going to get it, id recommend waiting so you can see it in its beauty!

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 pm